Injury concerns for Punjab
- Mumbai have won three matches on the trot
- Punjab desperate for runs from key players
Punjab Kings have lost three of their last four matches after two wins at the start of the season, and with injury concerns to skipper Shikhar Dhawan, aren’t in great shape with the bat as they head to one of the best batting venues in the country. Punjab Kings have odds of 2.09 to beat Mumbai Indians.
Find the best IPL 2023 odds on 10CRIC! Bet now!
Mumbai indians have three successive wins and despite having a mediocre bowling attack, the batting has stepped up well. At the Wankhede, against a weak Punjab batting line-up, Mumbai could easily get a fourth win. Mumbai Indians have odds of 1.72 to beat Punjab Kings.
Head-to-head record, MI v PBKS
The head-to-head record is pretty close with Punjab winning 14 and Mumbai winning 15 matches, which is a tad surprising given that the teams have contrasting title histories in the tournament. At the Wankhede too, Punjab have managed four wins as against Mumbai’s five, which is fairly close.
Read more about MI vs PBKS Head-to-Head record
The team winning the toss is likely to bowl first as the dew factor may come into play in the latter part of the game.
Both teams are well-matched, but Mumbai Indians have a slight edge due to their strong batting lineup and home advantage. Mumbai Indians have a win probability of 55%, while Punjab Kings have a win probability of 45%.
The average score at the Wankhede Stadium in IPL matches is around 170-180 runs. However, with the shorter boundaries, we can expect a high-scoring game with an average score of around 190-200 runs.
Pitch and conditions
The Wankhede Stadium pitch is known to be batting-friendly with something in it for both pacers and spinners. However, with the high-scoring nature of the ground, we can expect the pitch to be flat and offer little assistance to the bowlers. The team batting first will look to post a score of around 200 runs to put the opposition under pressure.
Players to keep an eye on…
MI Predicted playing XI:
Rohit Sharma (c), Ishan Kishan (wk), Tilak Varma, Suryakumar Yadav, Tim David, Cameron Green, Arjun Tendulkar, Nehal Wadhera, Hrithik Shokeen, Piyush Chawla, Jason Behrendorff
PBKS Predicted playing XI:
Atharva Taide/Shikhar Dhawan, Matthew Short, Harpreet Singh Bhatia, Liam Livingstone, Sam Curran (c), Jitesh Sharma (wk), Shahrukh Khan, Harpreet Brar, Nathan Ellis, Rahul Chahar, Arshdeep Singh
Sam Curran: To stop Mumbai, Punjab need early wickets and Sam Curran could be their key weapon here as a left-arm quick alongside Arshdeep Singh. With key batters absent, Curran will also need to step up with the bat.
Suryakumar Yadav: He’s had a rotten season so far with one good knock, but Suryakumar will enjoy the ball coming onto the bat at this venue and will have an attack that also suits his taste.
IPL 2023, Match 31 predictions
Based on all of the above factors, we predict that Mumbai Indians will win the match.Recommended Bet by 10CRIC
MI v PBKS Betting tips
Apart from betting on Mumbai to win the match, check our other recommended bet about MI’s best bowler.
Jason Behrendorff hasn’t had much to do, but here at the Wankhede, the extra bounce he gets in the Powerplay against a weak batting unit could be crucial for Mumbai. Back Behrendorff at 4.63 to be Mumbai’s top bowler!